The Daddy Adjustment has been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award!
The incredibly wise and insightful Isla White of http://www.islawhite.wordpress.com has chosen my blog to be nominated. Thank you Isla! White!
Frankly I could not be more excited and honored. Like most new to blogging, I often wonder who if anyone actually reads my posts. That is besides my mother and wife. Someone smart once said “the most generous gift you can give another person is your listening” I always liked that one. It is inside of ones’ listening for another that actually creates the other. Let me give you an example. When someone always interacts with you as you’re an ass, it’s pretty hard to want to be pleasant to that person. When some always treats you with love and positive vibes, it’s easy to be the same way around them. If we can all “listen” each other with utmost respect, we create and give space for the magic of that moment.
It is in that space where people allow themselves to be the people they truly want to be ,and already are.
So THANK YOU ALL for your generous gifts of listening. And thank you again Isla for the nomination! You made my morning.
I order to be considered for this prestigious award I must make public 7 random secrets about me. Here you go.
- Mr. Snuffleupagus has been and will always be my favorite Sesame Street character. He’s imaginary and eats cabbage.
- When I was young we heated our house mostly by wood. It was built in the late 1700’s. We had 5 wood stoves that I was to keep stocked and burning. In the dead of night, and winter usually with 2 feet or more of snow on the ground. I would sleep walk all the way down stairs, outside and through the snow to bring in an arm load of wood. This was done several times while wearing Spider Man P.J.s I always felt a little weird when I awoke to a pile of wood on my bureau.
- I gain an attachment to certain things I own. I am in LOVE with my Husqvarna snow blower and Lawnmower. I love anything Husqvarna. I call my Snow blower the pride of my town.( Blatant hint for sponsorship)
- I saw Star Wars the movie 27 times in the theater when it came out. This was the 70’s and there was no such thing as a VCR. Want to see a movie go to the theater kid.
- I only wear Nike Air Max sneakers. (Hint for free sneakers from Nike)
- I do NOT have A Facebook page.
- Clownes make me feel strange. Except Wavy Gravey
In the spirit of admiration and listening it gives me great pleasure to nominate these following blogs for the Versatile Blog Award. In no particular order the nominations are: The Ugly Moose, le zoe musings, Going Dutch, The Domestically Impaired Guide to the Kitchen Arts, Domestic diva, MD, Dongshow Productions. Check UR backside.com
Posted on March 12, 2012, in Our story and tagged admeratiom, award blog, clowns, humor, husqvarna, new father, nike, nominated, random, rossingnol, star wars, versatile blog award. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.